Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday is almost like Friday....

Ok, not really, but at least it is one day closer to the weekend and that is always a win in my book! Awhile back, I posted on 101 things I wanted to accomplish in 1001 days. I stole the great idea from Design Darling and I am not so sure that I am making any headway on it. Sooo I thought I would re-cap and break it down so I can get a move on! :) I crossed off the things that I already accomplished (not as bad as I thought), and left the things I want to accomplish by December 1st (or at least start the process of)...

7. Redesign my blog to make it a reflection of my personal style.
11. Scrutinize my closet and donate, store, or toss all the things I never wear.
12. Throw my first dinner party.
18. Buy/build parents a computer
19. Drink eight glasses of water every day for at least one week.
20. Make it to the gym four times a week for four months

21. Watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s
24. Learn how to make macaroons
26. Organize my paperwork
29. Subscribe to all those magazines I usually buy at newsstand prices anyway.

38. Run the full Illinois Marathon (will start working on this)

46. Buy something at a flea market

54. Make twenty recipes off of Pinterest.
55. See a comedy show.

69. Read twenty new books
70. Tory Burch Revas 

78. Find a beauty and skincare regimen that works for me.

83. Schedule appointments with doctor, dentist, etc. and go at least once per year.

85. Have a picnic 
86. Wear the right shade of red or pink lipstick — and not on Halloween 
87. See a movie at the Avon
88. Go antiquing.

91. Try five new foods
93. Find my signature cocktail 
98. Go hiking

101. Put $10 into savings for every goal accomplished.
Halloween Recipes:
I know that Halloween is just around the corner, and I personally love all of the spookiness! That being said, I don't like the abundance of candy that tends to surround me this time of year. I lack self control people! The Mr. and I like to have a Halloween movie marathon the weekend before Halloween and I like to make treats. Here are some of the favorites that I thought I would share for everyone who isn't content to sit down with a bowl full of Snickers, Twix, and Blow Pops (who am I kidding?)... haha

Ghost Cookies:
Ingredients:
1 (1 lb.) pkg. Nutter Butter cookies, about 30
60 (or so) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
12 oz. white chocolate chips

Instructions: 1. Melt white chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
2. Lay a Nutter Butter cookie on a small plate or other washable surface.
3. Spoon melted white chocolate over front of cookie.
4. Press two mini chocolate chips into white chocolate for eyes. Refrigerate on waxed paper to set.
5. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Note: This recipe has you cover only one side of the Nutter Butter cookies in white chocolate. This helps to cut down on the overwhelming richness of an entirely-covered cookie. Want your entire ghost to be white? Buy a bit of extra white chocolate, and dip the whole cookie. You can do anything you like with this easy Halloween cookie recipe. 

Copycat Chili's Skillet Queso:
16-ounce box Velveeta Cheese
1 c. milk
2 teaspoons paprika
½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
15-ounce can Hormel Chili (No Beans) 
4 tsp. chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice 
½ tsp. ground cumin

Cut the Velveeta into cubes. Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until cheese melts.

Enjoy with tortilla chips!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I loveee that Chili's queso! I've also been wanting to learn how to make macaroons. I'm slightly intimidated, but just need to bite the bullet and do it!

    ReplyDelete